An Introduction To Online Payment Issues In E-commerce
There are a lot of online retailers and merchants these days. They have their own payment processors and payment gateways. But how do they solve online payment issues in e-Commerce? What are the security standards these merchants follow?
In this article, you’ll learn first about the online payment process step by step. As we go along, you’ll also know the importance of using SecureBox as your security tool. You’ll know as well the security measures used to solve online payment issues in e-commerce as well.
Online Payment Issues In E-commerce: The Payment Process
Solving online payment issues in e-commerce requires knowledge of the online payment process. Your clients will choose a product or service that you offer on your website. They’ll check out using the payment gateway interface on your website.
Your payment gateway then collects the data from their credit card and bank accounts. After this, the data is then passed to your payment processor to start the payment processing. The payment processor would transact with your bank. The bank would then transfer the payment to your merchant account.
Moving information from one place to another will trigger a data security risk. Using SecureBox lessens this risk. Securebox offers three layers of defense:
1. Prevention - SecureBox prevents zero-day attacks from happening. It updates its database of known malware signatures or activities on a regular basis. SecureBox collects signs of malicious activities 24/7. This constant monitoring becomes the basis of preventing unknown or zero-day attacks.
2. Detection - Monitoring your network for malicious activities results in better threat detection. SecureBox has a large database of existing malware signatures.
3. Recovery - SecureBox allows you to recover from any threat. It will remove the damage and secure your environment better.
In the next section, you’ll understand the best ways to solve online payment issues in e-commerce.
Online Payment Issues In E-commerce: Security Tips
You are now familiar with the online payment process. But, there are two questions that come into mind:
- What are the online payment security issues that need a solution?
- Do you need to follow online payment security standards?
We’ll answer these by showing you the best ways on how to solve online payment issues in e-commerce.
Online Payment Issues In E-commerce: Security Tip #1
Partner with a reputable payment processor. Choose the one that provides you with the most benefits and has been in the industry for a long time. Choose a payment processor that offers the best customer support.
Online Payment Issues In E-commerce: Security Tip #2
Watch out for any suspicious activity on your network. This seems to be a tedious task, but, SecureBox can do the job for you. SecureBox inspects web traffic on your network for any suspicious activity. This is like a web application firewall or WAF.
Online Payment Issues In E-commerce: Security Tip #3
Always use an address verification system for any transaction. This will help you in determining if your customer is the real cardholder. If there is any discrepancy, then it might be a sign of a fraudulent transaction.
Online Payment Issues In E-commerce: Security Tip #4
You can use the following in protecting payment systems:
- SSL (Secure Socket Layer)
- S-HTTP (Secure Hypertext Transfer Protocol)
- SET (Secure Electronic Transaction)
Your website should encrypt the transmission and storage of data in real time. SecureBox can add another layer of protection by providing you with keystroke encryption. It will encrypt every keystroke you make. SecureBox also prevents keylogging programs from capturing your keystrokes.
Online Payment Issues In E-commerce: Security Tip #5
Your payment processor and payment gateway should be PCI (Payment Card Industry) compliant. SecureBox will help you become PCI compliant because of the following features:
- Firewall features
- Keystroke encryption
- Cloud-based vulnerability scanning
- Application containerization
- Cloud-based malware detection, removal, and prevention
Online Payment Issues In E-commerce: Security Tip #6
Your e-commerce site should offer a safe login screen. Any web form is vulnerable to attacks such as cross-site scripting and SQL injection. SecureBox can help you thwart these kinds of attack as well.
Online Payment Issues In E-commerce: Conclusion
You now know the best ways to solve online payment issues in e-commerce. Using a great product such as SecureBox is essential to e-commerce security. What are you waiting for? Sign up now a get a free demo!